Compiled by Paul H. Ting, M.D.
The Electronic Textbook, compiled by Paul Ting, M.D., provides
links to significant articles on Human Immunodeficiency Virus
(HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). The electronic
textbook was developed to help medical professionals more easily
find information that may be of interest to them on the Internet.
The articles reside on other Internet servers throughout the
world. Triangle Pharmaceuticals does not possess editorial control
over the content or the information contained in the articles
on those other servers. As such, Triangle Pharmaceuticals, and
the compiler of the articles make no representation as to the
accuracy, completeness and any other aspect of the information
contained in the articles.
Table of Contents
Detailed List of Articles
Information on the Normal
- Understanding the Immune System - Information
provided by a collaboration of the National Cancer Institute
and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
Workers and Prophylaxis
Treatment - Comprehensive
- Medical Management of HIV - by John G.
Bartlett, M.D. - The 1999 edition of Medical Management of
HIV Infection serves as the standard of care for the Johns Hopkins
AIDS Service. The full text of the book is included here.
Directory - From the American Foundation for AIDS Research.
Treatment - General
Treatment - Medication
Treatment - Antiretroviral
- Answers to Questions Posed to the Guidelines
for Antiretroviral Therapy Panel - From Improving the Management
of HIV Disease (updated June 1998).
- A Review of Dual Protease Inhibitor Therapy
- by Joel E. Gallant in the Hopkins HIV Report
- A Reservoir for HIV in Patients on Combination
Antiretroviral Therapy - by Robert F. Siliciano in the Hopkins
- Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents
in HIV-Infected Adults and Adolescents - Panel on Clinical
Practices for the Treatment of HIV
- Antiretroviral Drug Resistance Testing in Adults
With HIV - Journal of the American Medical Association, June
- Antiretroviral Drug Interactions in the HIV-Infected
Patient - by Paul A. Pham, RPh, and Charles Flexner, MD
- Antiretroviral Therapy for Potential Nonoccupational
Exposures to HIV - From the Centers for Disease Control
- Intensifying Antiretroviral Therapy: Why, When,
and How - by Daniel R. Kuritzkes, MD
- Second-Line Therapy: Strategies After PI or NNRTI
Failure - by Nancy Shulman, MD, and David Katzenstein, MD
- Antiretroviral Salvage Therapy: What to Do When
All Else Fails - by Satchan Takaya, MD, and Brian Conway,
- Antiretroviral Therapy for HIV Infection in 1998:
Updated Recommendations of the International AIDS SocietyUSA
Panel - From the Journal of the American Medical Association
Protease Inhibitors Backgrounder - From the Food and Drug
Administration. Information about these drugs, their precautions,
interactions, etc. Updated regularly by the agency.
HIV Drug Approvals and Pediatric Labeling Information - From
the Food and Drug Administration.
Drugs Approved By FDA for HIV - From the Food and Drug Administration.
Drugs for HIV/AIDS for AIDS-related Conditions - From the
Food and Drug Administration.
Agents for the Treatment of HIV Infection - From the HIV/AIDS
Treatment Information Service
Treatment - Complementary
and Alternative Therapies
Treatment - Dermatologic
Treatment - Tuberculosis
Treatment - Opportunistic
Infections (General Guidelines)
Treatment - Pneumocystis
carinii Pneumonia (PCP)
Treatment - Neurologic
Nutrition and Wasting
Vaccine Research and
Other Information of
- HIV, AIDS, and Older Adults - From the Administration
- CDC Educational Slide Sets (Downloadable)
- From the Centers for Disease Control
- JAMA HIV/AIDS Information Center - The Journal
of the American Medical Association's HIV/AIDS site. Includes
journal articles, many abstracts, treatment guidelines, and public
Hopkins AIDS Service - Recent news, institution publications,
medical education and more.
Insite - From the University of San Francisco. News, treatment
information, research papers, and more.
- The Hopkins HIV Report - Online publication
with the latest news about HIV
- International Association
of Physicians in AIDS Care - A not-for-profit professional
association with more than 6000 members. Their mission is to
maximize the survival and quality of life of all people affected
Library of Medicine AIDS Information
- CDC - National
Prevention Information Network
of HIV/AIDS Prevention
Information About Testing Positive
©Copyright 1995-2012 Ultitech, Inc. All Rights Reserved.